As of January 18, 2014, the Diocese of St. Petersburg updated its state-of-the-art electronic fingerprint/background system to better serve the needs of our diocesan community. The Diocese now participates in the Applicant Fingerprint Retention Program (AFRNP), which provides greater protection to our children, youth, and vulnerable adults. The AFRNP notifies the Diocese immediately of arrests of previously cleared individuals.
Online registration and making a scheduled appointment are required in order to have your fingerprints taken. We are unable to accommodate walk-ins.
Following is an outline of the new (2015) background screening process:
- Registration must be made on-line . Please click here to begin.
- If you need step by step instructions, please click here. If you would like to see screen shots of the registration process, click here.
- For employees/volunteers, It is important to select the correct parish/school where you volunteer or are employed.
- Independent Contractors and Licensees, please follow the instructions by clicking here
- State and County Resource Personnel
- You will be prompted to schedule an appointment at one of the fingerprinting centers (you will receive an email confirmation after you have completed the online registration process). Please follow the registration instructions mentioned above exactly.
- As part of the registration process, you must possess a federal or state issued ID document government. Foreign government ID is not acceptable. You must bring this exact identification document with you to your scheduled appointment.
- Upon completion of the online registration process , you will be provided with an eight digit Schedule ID number. Print out the Confirmation email or write down the Schedule ID number and bring it with you to your scheduled appointment.
- Attend your scheduled appointment – if you need to reschedule, please follow the instructions on the Confirmation Email.
- Results will be forwarded to the designated secure site you indicated on your registration and to the Fingerprinting Department at the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Effective January 18, 2014, the cost and payment schedule will change as follows:
- $51.00 for Parish Volunteers: Cost will billed to the respective parish. Parish volunteers do not pay at time of online registration.
- $51.00 for School Volunteers: Volunteer will pay at time of online registration.
- $58.50 for School Employees and Vendors: School employees and contractors will pay at time of online registration.
If you are unable to register online, contact First Advantage Biometrics Customer Assistance at 1-877-323-8885 to register via phone or contact the Safe Environment Program Office at 727-344-1611, Ext. 5303.